Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

Books with libraries. Just how many am I going to review?

I've reviewed a few picture books lately and a lot of them seem to have some great library scenes in them.  Just for a laugh I thought I'd keep track of which ones they are during my #365PictureBook reviews.  Not that I'm a fan of libraries or anything - yeah right!  Librarian and book lover through and through here.

What do Werewolves do when it's not Halloween? by Heath McKenzie
- Awesome Zombie library scene.

Chu's Day by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Adam Rex

- Chu visits the library with his mum, and then creates complete mayhem in there later when he sneezes at the circus.  

Odd Duck by Cecil Castellucci, illustrated by Sara Varon

- Theodora visits the library and takes out all the racy and unused titles (My kind of duck!)

Use your Imagination (But be careful WHAT you WISH for!) by Nicola O'Byrne
- The Big Bad Wolf pretends to be a librarian, and convinces the rabbit to use his imagination to write a story.

Between the Pages by Joan van Loon, illustrated by Chantal Stewart
- This is a story that celebrates the pleasure of reading

Doggy Ditties from A to Z by Jo van Dam, illustrated by Myles Crawford
- This book of poetry is written by a Kiwi Librarian ... working at two primary schools :0)





No comments:

Post a Comment