Pages

Saturday 8 November 2014

Book info on my posts

I'm going to be including full bibliographic details at the start of my reviews in APA format ('cause that's what's required for my OP paper).  I'm also going to be including other information I think is relevant to viewers like the ISBN or ASIN #, book length, and intended reading age, rating (out of 5), along with an image or two whenever possible.

Reviews will be separated into four categories (at this stage): Fiction Reviews, Non-fiction Reviews, New Zealand Literature Reviews, and my #365PictureBooks challenge reviews.  Of course some of them may very well cross-contaminate :-) and a few adult books my slip in there sometimes.

Reading levels will be:

  • 0-6 years: Early Childhood / Babies & Toddlers
  • 7-12 years: Middle Childhood
  • 12-18 years: Young Adults (YA) / Adolescence

For those of you unsure what an ISBN or AISN is:

  • An ISBN is the International Standard Book Number, which is a unique commercial book identifier barcode, either 10 or 13 digits, generally printed on the back cover of a book.
  • An ASIN is Amazon's Standard Identification Number, in unique blocks of 10 letters and/or numbers, that identifies the item.  I'll likely be using this number for the majority of eBooks.

Oh Yeah..... I love books in whatever format they come in, so I will be reviewing any and all kinds of books.  I love the tactility and scent of a physical book, but eBooks are so much more accessible after hours, and they don't need a suitcase of their own whenever I go on holiday like they used to.



2 comments:

  1. I am currently reading my second book in a row off my phone. One thing I have noticed reading of my phone is that I read more quickly. It makes me wonder whether I am "deep reading" these books, or am continuing my skimming-and-scanning type reading that I normally do off a screen. Do you think you read books differently off a screen than you do from paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure I do. I read them a lot faster, and I'm not sure that I 'take in' the whole story. I also find it quite hard to focus on the screen more often than not lately, especially on my phone, which is which is why I got my iPad mini. It's more like a standard book in size, and I can change the font size and background colour. I also tend to 'savour' a physical book, and maybe because of this I do 'deep read' 'cause I find I recall the storyline and characters more readily.

      Delete